2 weeks. Almost.
A cellphone was all i had to communicate with my friends.....and talk to my bff's for hours. My 500+ balance dropped to 100+, within a week! Not that i've not got value for money, i couldn't stop talking once i started. I still have a lot to catch up on. We've planned a lot, i've got dl classes, need to revise my bio, get proper accessories, pack up for college, get some photos, my atm card...basically, i've got a lot to do.
For once, i made a to-do list. Organisation.
I missed home. Mom's comfort, talking out stuff with dad, fighting with Vin for the comp, all silly. I'd recorded a conversation between all of us sometime ago, and that's what i'd listen to, if my grandmom bogged me down.
She's not nice. Everyday, nag nag nag nag nag. She'll pick just the time when i sit to read my book, or speak to my friends to call me. It ain't coincidence, it happened 19 times!
It was me ,patti and thatha. Not many people i could really talk to. Lot of moving back and forth. I like the garden there. I like walking amongst those trees, they have so much life in them. Squirrels chasing each other, a sleepy cat, the small centipedes, the crows and they're endless cawing.
Once you go inside the house, all you'd know is that there's clutter. A mess. Things on the verge of falling. I don't blame them, the house needed some help, if they didn't.
And that's why i came. Chennai is madness, things go so slow. A day is from 6 am to 6 pm. Sarees are a must. No keeping this close to that, don't touch this and this thing, no hugs, no nice words, grandmas everywhere, and the usual conversation -
"Ay!! yeppidi irruke? Sowkyama?"
"Aan! Nanna irruken! Neenga?"
"yellan serya irruku....amma appa? Patti yenga? Ippo nee yenaa padikare?"
"snore..........."
People say bangalore is slow compared to mumbai, where people are in the moment. Wonder how they'd deal with Chennai.
I'd met a few friends, cousins, we'd gone out. And that's when something happened. Some asshole tried to push his dick onto me in the bus. Duhh, i'd pushed him. Problem was, a bit too much. He fell, and i made a big issue of what he did. That's what i used to do in blore, and all the ladies would stick up for me an give this guy a beating. There, they stared. Not one word.
I knew my face was betroot colour. That man got off the bus. I knew all those eyes were on me.
One of my friends asked me why i'd done that. "snore........................" .
"it happens re....there's nothing you can do 'bout it."
I listened to two versions of my grandparents' marriage. I'd looked through their albums, found some nice pics for my scrapbook. Really interesting ones.
I think atleast 1% of the world's lizard population is present at their place. If there's one thing that scares me, it's a lizard.....
ughhh.
I like the way the sunlught shines in through the windows, the way the dust particles shine.
I'd gone to my nephew's party, and i had a really good time! I just love my folks there!
A lot happened when i'd gone. There's still something happening that i'm not sure about. Something that doesn't sound right. It feels wrong. What the hell did he do? What did she say? How is this happening?
I just hope that it gets explained. Wait a second....why am i even bothered? It has nothing to do with me.
It's a long story, and that's why i'm wondering what happened...that's all.
goodbye to all those words.
Just tuned into some music, and got a few pals online. Waiting for them to talk sense.
To do, to do, to do, to do, to do, to do, to do, to do, to do, to do.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment