Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The path ahead

At the CET counselling, i got into SSCASR. I was sooo thrilled!
It wasn't a dream come true or anything, but it was too good. I'd finally got a college i wanted, in my city, and with a course i wanted to do.

I was so happy, i jumped and laughed. got a lot of nasty looks though, big deal!!!

My entire family called up, and it was so nice to see all the concern. They were so happy.
I'm happy, i'm the first one to be a doctor, an ayurvedic doc.

That happiness wore out in a few days. And that's when zokra came online.
We'd fought before, and it was my fault, 100%. I never admitted defeat. i never had the humbleness to.

It was about my marks... I'd never wanted to be compared, i didn't know...it was like i'd had a fear of rejection. It was like i'd be demoralised. i felt that way. And we never spoke, for a few weeks, and i got used to her absence in my life, thinking it was the way it should be.

Thinking i was right. And i began to resent her, i began to hate her, for i couldn't let her go out of my life, we'd been best friends for too long. And one day she called. i still remember, i never picked up her calls, i still wasn't ready to talk to her.

And one day, i saw her online, and she asked me to come to her place, on such and such day. My entire self screamed no. I didn't want to face her. Was i feeling inferior?

And everything came back, remorse, regret, and i was feeling so dumped. And i don't know the turn of events, it was arranged that i stay at her place for a sleepover. I shortened the stay as much as i could, so it only included a night, and some part of the morning.

Needless to say, i was very apprehensive. I had to try and act natural. Or be natural.
I'm very adaptable, i can adapt to almost anything.

And here i was standing at her door, wondering if i really had to do this. I'd thought that, since i was going, might as well, clear up all the spats we'd had.

In i went, and i had a wonderful time, a really wonderful time. We had so much fun making dinner, and cooking the food, calling up someone at oo30 hrs, knowing she'd be asleep. Her grandmom picked up the phone and called us idiots. We didn't know whether to laugh or be angry!

We talked till late into the night. I picked up the nerve to apologise. And we sat talking about it all till the wee hours of the morning. I don't know if she forgave me, or if she's still angry or upset, but i know she understands, or atleast tries to. And she gives second chances.

I'd made up with her mom, and i'd apologised to my other friends too. I really wanted to start over again, so i'm happy i did it.

I'll try my best not to go into the same rut again. we'd had fun after that... we met a couple of times after that, with everyone else, and literall freaked out!!! i even got myself a tattoo!!

a unicorn. A movie and a sketch. So that i'd never forget what we shared. so that they'd never forget.

And i'll try.

No comments: